Today I got to be auntie to my nephew for an entire day. It was my sister's first day back at work and I totally remember how it was my first day back after I had the twins; it was amazing not to have to sing Old McDonald 50 times by 10am. I think my sister felt the same way and was very happy to get in some adult conversation. I on the other hand have completely forgotten how fast three hours goes by!
 |
| Baby wearing was the only way to feed four hungry quadlings. |
 |
| Isabella looks huge! Where have my little babies gone? |
It wasn't that long ago since I had babies but by lunch time I was exhausted. By that point I had already messaged my quad mama friends asking them how we did it with four babies at once. Or was it that I had 4 two year olds that were wrecking havoc, whining and fighting over everything while caring for one 4 month old? Not sure which but it took more energy to get through today than I have needed in a long time. I do have to say though cuddling and loving on a little one was awesome. I also sat down and watched not 1, but 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy mid afternoon which is something I never do and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
 |
| I think the 2 year olds had more fun with the baby toys than the baby did. |
 |
| Jess he really is your son and I am not sure he got your best qualities! |
 |
| Are you sure I am going to Grandma's tomorrow? Do you have any clue how quiet her house is compared to this one? |
I loved getting a baby fix in but I can surely say I don't think I ever need to do the infant stage again. Sleeping through the nights, 1-2 set naps a day, kids who can communicate is more my style these days. Though I will gladly watch Brady any time I can you can bet I will gladly return him to his parents when they come back for him. I kind of see why the grandparent role is so coveted!
 |
| Brady survived a day with us!!! |
Nice post!
ReplyDelete