I have been getting frustrated with my house because everything kind of needs replacing. A lot of the big furniture is almost 10 years old and I am tired of it and with three kids constantly running something into it, jumping on it and spilling some form of liquid on it I need a change but with four more little ones that are going to be doing the same thing to it soon I just can't fathom doing a big change out yet. So it was time to get creative on how to spruce up some of the things around our house. The solution: a can of spray paint!
I knew I wanted to change the color of a couple of items but I did not have the time or patience to sand, prime and then paint. I totally took the easy way out and spray painted the items and am perfectly happy with the changes. And the cool thing is if it gets a nick in it I don't have to sand and re-stain I just whip out my can of spray paint and the touch up is done.
| It was time to help this poor beaten up table. |
| The older kids have added many of their own |
| First it had to be wiped down |
| We picked a color from Lowe's that the girls and I thought was pretty. A perfect way to find a color. |
| Then you start spraying back and forth back and forth. And coat after coat until you get intoxicated from paint fumes or until the color looks even. |
| Then take a can of polyurethane and spray the piece to help prevent scratching. Table done...time to move onto the second area. |
| Way too much brown. The mirror needed to be changed. Paul wasn't thrilled that I was going to paint it until I told him its either I paint it or I buy a new mirror. Guess what it got painted! |
| Move mirror to area to paint it. |
| Cover mirror with old newspaper to avoid paint getting on glass part. Some did get through but fingernail polish followed by glass cleaner got it looking brand new. |
| If painting outside make sure it is not windy because any little gust of wind sends sand and leaves to your project as if the items were magnets. |
| I also painted a brown candlestick black and now I just need to go get new candles. |
| In all I was very happy with what a little can of spray paint can do. Hmmm....wonder what else I can paint?!? |
Never underestimate the POWER of a can of spray paint! It is MAGIC! Well DONE!!
ReplyDeleteNice job girl! Way to go!
ReplyDeleteSo cool! I'm a new follower of your blog and so far am very impressed. Can't wait to read more.
ReplyDeleteYou know I LOVE quick DIY projects like that. Both projects turned out great. Spray paint is one of my favorite mediums. Last week I sprayed the nursery laundry hampers to match the decor. They were both brown eye sores before.
ReplyDeleteKrista, I don't know what I'm more envious of: your awesome DIY project follow-thru or your sunny, nice weather!!! Love the updates!
ReplyDelete