July 08, 2015

A Party of Multiples

When I found out I was pregnant with the quads I decided to rejoin our locals mom's of multiples group. I was in it when I had the twins but I had a hard time with the group because I felt it was very difficult for a new member to fit in. Fast forward to expecting multiples again and I decided to rejoin only because I knew I needed to buy a ton of baby equipment and usually moms of multiples sells things in pairs which would help me in the need to buy 4 of everything. Instead of finding baby paraphernalia, the group ended up providing me with the most amazing friends. The group is made up of moms of twins, triplets and quads so having multiples is really no big deal to anyone in the group. There is no "your hands are full", "how do you do it", or "were they natural". We get each others lives and understand what it is like to have to feed multiple babies, the fact that it takes longer to load everyone up than to actually run the errand and how coffee/alcohol are necessities to our daily routine.





We loved having a set of quads come from the Bay area join us. My big kids jumped at the opportunity to help with getting jammies on and feeding night bottles. Us adults could have gone out for dinner and the babies would have been in good hands with the big kids. Someday...



Recently we got talking on fb how cool it would be to have a summer bbq/swim party and before I knew it I blurted out that I would have it if people really wanted one. Less than 24 hours later it was decided that we would host a swim party on July 3rd. Thinking it was the Friday of a 3 day weekend I wasn't expecting too many families to RSVP which was just fine because I knew even if only a couple came my kids would love the opportunity to have a play date. You can imagine how surprised I was when we had 11 families who came which totaled; 2 sets of quadruplets, 11 sets of twins and 4 singletons (58 people all together including our family). It was so much fun!!


As a mom of multiples you can imagine how amazing it is that she has no kids within her personal space and is enjoying hot food!




No one drowned. No one got hurt. I don't think a single kid got put on timeout. The grill stopped working but that didn't stop us from eating until our tummies told us we had had enough. Of course that is right about when we brought out the desserts and then everyone was hungry again. We swam until lips were blue and kids had to warm up in the shower.







Even though I did not rejoin the group this year in an effort to spend less time on facebook I plan to open our house again next year to the Placer County Mom's of Multiples because we had a blast. Now I am off to figure out another reason to have a party because though I despise decorating for them (which I have decided is not necessary so I totally skip this part), I love making food for a ton of people and enjoy spending time with our friends and watching my kids have a blast with their friends.






Ready for the next party!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!! Have no doubt you were a wonderful host!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...