- We were barely into September but with three older kids in school and babies who still take a 3-3.5 hour nap each day I actually have free time in the afternoons. Most days I have to talk myself out of laying down for a
three hourquick snooze while the house is quiet but in the end am amazed at how much I can get done. Decorating for fall happened the first week in September instead of the night before Halloween like it did last year. Almost all of my decorations are kept in the one room the babies for the most part stay out of because otherwise I would be left with nothing at the end of the season. If they can get their hands on my things they some how become theirs or broken. Someday I will get to decorate an entire house.
|I love putting out pictures from the Halloween's past.|
|When we moved in there was a hideous fireplace mantel and it was quickly ripped down. Unfortunately a new stone fireplace has not been as quick to find its place. Again someday...|
- We decided to hit Apple Hill on a weekend this year but super early in the season. It was awesome and hardly anyone was there but since it was the weekend everything was up and running. We will be going early from now on. Paul will go back in a couple of weeks to get our apples/pears for his canning of sauces and slices.
|A yearly tradition - we enjoy trying many different kinds of fudge at a particular orchard. The pumpkin fudge won unanimously and it was all I could think about that night when the kids went to bed.|
- Our kids love water. Doesn't matter if it is the big pool, a kiddy pool or the bathtub if there is water in it you will find someone enjoying it.
|Love this picture Paul sent me while I was at work. It shows each of their personalities so well; Kenzie my princess, Isabella the one that takes everything in before saying it is okay, Tate aka Mr Personality, Rylan the engineer.|
- We have now become a family who has fallen in love with Young Living essential oils. Oh my gosh this stuff is amazing. We use it daily for so many things. Anxiety for the big kids and I, focus for the kids before school, calming effects for the babies, mood lifter, headaches, tummy aches, relaxation and the list just goes on and on. It took Paul a little bit for him to allow me to spend the initial $170 but he was hardly phased when I told him I placed another $120 order to prepare for the cold/flu season. I will be writing more soon about oils for our family so if you have particular questions please leave them in the comments and I will happily answer them.
|Hoping this was the last time I need to use a nebulizer for Taters now that we use Breathe Again and Raven in our oil collection|
- We have been spending so much time outside because the temperatures are just perfect. Not too hot and not too cold. And there is nothing better than having to close the windows at night because of the chill that is in the air. Haven't gotten to the point of lighting the fireplace but it probably won't be long.
|After school snacks|
- I have no artistic abilities, like can not even draw a stick person, but we have a painting place in the area that is basically a paint-by-number for adults. I was excited when my moms group posted this event and couldn't wait to go. In the end only one other mom was able to go and so my sister joined us and we had so much fun. At first it was super scary and at times you had to just put the brush down before you ruined it more but in the end I was really happy with my painting. It even found a place to hang in my laundry room. I will be going back in November to paint a winter scene.
|We started with a white canvas and a pencil sketch of the Sacramento skyline.|
|27 weeks pregnant and Auntie can't wait to meet him or her.|
|Masterpiece by Me and will happily sell for a couple thousand if anyone is interested.|
- Last Tuesday after dropping the girls off at school I had a lady hit me as I was coming up to a stop light. The other five kids were with me and we were all fine but the van was not. Happy we were all okay but the pain in the butt factor of not being able to fit our whole family in a normal mini van or other large SUV while our van was repaired quickly became evident. We had a huge wildfire in our area so all the larger vans were being rented by out of town fire crews so we were struggling to find something to fit us. On Thursday they had found us a 15 passenger van but the lady who hit us was not returning calls to her car insurance so they could accept liability. I did not think this would be an issue because the lady was so kind and apologetic at the scene of the accident. I tried calling her and her mailbox was full. I was frustrated because I did not want to have to fork out $70 a day to cover the rental charge that my insurance would not cover if we filed with our insurance. I decided to google her husband because I had his name and after a little research I realized that the lady who hit me had just laid her husband to rest 3 days before the accident. I was sick to my stomach and could not believe that 10 days prior this mom said goodbye to her husband as he lost his battle to cancer. He also left behind 3 young daughters. After I found this out my beat up car no longer mattered. I was able to kiss my husband good night and watch my kids as they interact with their daddy each day. Sometimes God gives us lessons and reminders in life when we least expect it. I keep hoping I will see Julie again so that I can wrap my arms around her. My husband won the battle against cancer 10 years ago this month while her husband was taken far too soon because of the awful C word.
- I got to spend 5 days in Minnesota to celebrate my Grandpa & Grandma Maier's 60th wedding anniversary. When I asked my grandma her secret to a long marriage her response was, "Darn if I know!" It was great to spend so much time with both sides of my family and it felt as if I had never left. We did have to laugh on the last night I was there when we realized the only people left playing cards where all from California. Good thing we go thousands of miles away to play a round of Liverpool Rummy.
|60 years of wedded bliss|