November 09, 2014

Give THANKS - November 9th (Pictures)

Day 7 - Pictures

I am so glad that technology made way for digital cameras before I became a mom because I have a small love for pictures. I am by no means a professional photographer and that is okay with me. The candid pictures are what I love the most. And though there is a lot of 'look at mom. do you not see where mom is? you are not looking at the camera!'  I frequently get pictures in which I fall in love with my kids all over again. I think my favorite part about pictures is not looking back through them when I blog or when I download them each month but instead when I pull up pictures from years past, such as 2009 or 2010. It just amazes me how much the kids have changed from being itty bitty babies to school aged kids and unfortunately I also see how having 7 kids has aged Paul and I! 

So today I am thankful for my camera and all of the memories it captures for me to look back on and to remember how little my babies all were.

My little Olaf at his first preschool Halloween party. He was so excited for it!









The first graders dressed as animals for their school part. The girls thought it was so funny when two of their friends had the same costumes. 

I love seeing how 6 & 7 year olds act 'silly' for pictures.



And I can not even begin to tell you how fun it is trying to get 4 two year olds to take a picture. We have numerous outtakes for every 1 good one we get. 
I know it is shocking but the girls wanted to be Ana & Elsa for Halloween and since I know my years are numbered for themed costumes I was so excited to add Olaf and 4 love expert trolls to our party. If you are like my stepdad and have no idea who these characters are you must go watch Frozen. It is one of our favorite movies still so you can often catch it playing at our house if you can not find it locally. 
Pouring down rain was not what I had in mind for trick or treating but there was not convincing the older kids to trick or treat down teh isle of Target as Grandma suggested. Unfortunately due to the rain the babies stayed strapped into their stroller so next year they will figure out what Halloween is all about.
My sister and her little Jack o'lantern!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...