December 31, 2013

The End of 2013

Today is the last day of the year and I am okay with it because tomorrow will be the start of a new year which is an even number year so that alone makes me excited! Yes something that simple makes me happy.

2013 was a good year for us. Less hours of sleep than I would have preferred, lots of giggles and of course a fair amount of crying, a marriage that has grown stronger, a new home to raise our children in, a cancer scare, but most importantly we had 7 amazing children to share every single day of 2013 with. At the end of this year I am content. There is nothing that I feel I am lacking as we move into 2014. In years past I have felt my family was incomplete; I knew we needed another child to fill an empty space. Years past I have felt there was something missing in my relationship with my husband; a missing connection. In the past I have felt we needed to provide a home that would allow our children the type of childhood Paul and I had growing up in Minnesota. But this year everything has fallen into place and it is an amazing feeling to feel simply content.

Tonight when I go to bed, well before midnight, I will look back at this year and be thankful. It was a great year and I only pray that 2014 will be just the same. My prayer for all of you is that this next year will be a year of contentment, happiness and fulfillment for each of you.

Happy New Year from the Lesnau's






1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...