November 20, 2013

15 Month Update

My babies are growing into toddlers right before my eyes. You are getting taller, you are figuring out cause and affect, you think you don't always need your naps but you forget that mom does need them, you have figured out that you have a playmate in your sibling. You are so much fun these days yet you totally wear your mom and dad out. You demand so much more of our attention. There are some days I long for the sleep deprived state of last year because even though I knew you got up to eat every 3 hours which was a total production at least I knew that after the 45 minute whirlwind you would sleep for 2 hours. During those 2 hours I would pump but I also could get my other tasky things accomplished. Now I am lucky if I have time to clean your breakfast trays before I have to serve you lunch. You do not think highly of mom having to cook, clean or anything else that does not involve sitting on the floor playing with you. And talking about meal time...having four babies the same age is not bad. I love it and would do it all over again in a heartbeat but meal time I am ready to do away with completely. You all eat a ton of food so the eating part is not the issue. Just this morning for breakfast the four of you polished off 5 fried eggs, 2 large pancakes, 5 slices of ham, about a cup of cherrios and the same amount of craisins, and 3 8oz sippy's of milk. It is crazy how much you eat but you have also started the game of throwing your food off your trays if you do not like something. I am so tired of cleaning the floor. It really gets old quickly and I so wish Bailey was still here. That girl would weigh more than ever because of all the floor cleaning I would let her do. There are days I purposely serve food that is easy to clean with a broom because I just can't do the whole floor scrubbing thing again. I am hoping this stage is a fast one otherwise we may be eating outside under a heat lamp this winter.

About as good as it gets trying to take a picture of four 15 month olds by myself.

You are all getting closer to walking and I am excited to start having some wobblers cruising through the house like only new walkers do. Check back with me in about 8 weeks and we will see if I am still enjoying four really mobile kiddos. Rylan you have taken a couple steps by yourself and want to walk so badly. You spend most of your time playing with your toys while standing. Tate you also love to walk while holding on to the hand of a mom, dad or older sibling. The minute we try and have you walk to us though you sit right down. Isabella you LOVE being praised when you stand independently. You will stand next to me and stand straight up and then fall all while I am telling you how good you are doing. You can not get up fast enough to be praised again and if I happen to be paying attention to another kid you will yell and giggle yourself so that I know that you did it again. Kenzie you enjoy pushing the kitchen stools around the house so we know you can walk but the minute we try to walk with you while holding your hands you won't put any weight on your feet. Walking would mean we are not carrying you and you like nothing better than to be held.

They often all need to play with the same toy at the same time. Finest of the fittest around here.

They are good at sharing their toys, sometimes.
Rylan
Naps are not for you and you like to keep your brother up during them. You also have figured out that if you scream like you have been hurt we tend to check on you. I know it is a game but I am worried that one of these times you will actually be hurt and so I do tend to peak in on you which means nap time is over. You love to play and only need to occasionally come hang out on mom or dads lap. You are the trouble maker and Mr. Mischievous. If something can be opened and contents thrown every where you will find that place. We now have zip ties and rulers keeping kitchen cabinets closed because I was tired of cleaning up after you. If we forget to "child lock" any of the cabinets you must have a radar because you are in them in no time. You have decided that all bath tub toys must be thrown out during bath even if they are filled with water. You are very good about throwing them back in once you have been dried off. You also have been known to crawl back into the tub fully dressed while the water is draining. You thought you were pretty cool stuff after that trick. Mom still can not figure out what to do with the colic in your hair. It drives me crazy every morning. You love to wrestle your sisters and brothers or any victim who lies on the floor. You make me laugh so many times throughout the day and at least one time a night when you scream for us to come get your pacifier even though it is often right next to you or even in your mouth. You giggle the second we walk in the room because you once again won your own little game.




Kenzie
My little peanut. Even though you are the oldest of the quads you should really be the baby of the family. You are the reason I can hardly get off the floor when you are awake because you have major issues if you are not sitting in our laps. Your sisters no longer can fill in for mom or dad because you only want us. I think you would be happiest if you could get tucked back into mom's tummy because that is how close you want to be to us. You have jealousy issues like I have never seen. If someone else happens to sit in my lap while you are sitting with me you have to make sure you are covering the majority of the prime real estate or you throw a complete fit. You think it is a game to take your socks off so you now even sleep with shoes on for nap otherwise your feet get so cold. The minute I put your sock on you look at me, smile and reach for your foot to promptly remove the just placed sock. I have learned to be fast getting your shoes on. Because you are so tiny we dress you like you are spending the nights in Antarctica. You sleep with a onsie, babyleggs, socks, and a fleece sleeper. Talk about adding more laundry to mom's already huge laundry pile. You have started trying to lift yourself out of your crib. I have a feeling you will be climbing out before you even walk. Somehow in your tiny little body you have an amazing about of strength.


Isabella
You are a very content little child. Unless you are hungry you will happily play with whatever toys are available to you. You love your meal times and often clean up any leftovers the other three leave. You do have trouble eating goldfish and drinking liquids and tend to chock more on these two things. You continue to roll your 'r' with crying and mom and dad can not figure out how you do it. We often get this when we take you out of the bath tub each night. You love your bath. I think you out of all the babies have changed the most in looks since being a baby. You have become such a happy, smiley baby. Your smile is so big and I love seeing your one little dimple. Reading books is something you could spend hours doing. You really like the touch and feel ones and get irritated with your brother, Rylan, who is constantly trying to change the page. I love getting you out from your crib because you are always happy to see us.  



Tate
You have been a little stinker the last couple of weeks. If I was one to end the evening with a glass of wine I think you would have given me reason to drink the entire bottle. There have been days you have been unhappy from the minute your eyelids opened til we tucked you in at night. Even naps you boycotted and screamed through. Motrin didn't even help so We are thinking it was just you trying to work through the next stage of life. You have taken after Kenzie and like to spend a fair amount of time cuddled with mom or dad. Even if it is just lying your head in our laps. If you are not hanging out with us we will find you in the bathroom stealing toothbrushes and playing happily. Drew loved toothbrushes too and so we think it is funny that we have another child who thinks toothbrushes are the coolest thing since sliced bread. You start crying the minute we catch you because you know they are going to be taken away from you. You are the first one to say the word 'momma' and use it appropriately. When I got home the other night and came up the stairs while you were in the bathtub I heard "momma" after I said I was home. It made me so happy. Peekaboo, blowing kisses and clapping your hands are tasks you have mastered. You are also awesome at giving opened mouth sloppy kisses and there is just nothing better.



Even though some days I would give anything to be lying on the beach with a book and not a single thing on my to do list, I am reminded each night when I see my four babies stretched out in their cribs that time goes so quickly. It has only been 15 months since you have been in our life but I really can not imagine our family without you. Sometimes I wonder what our life would be like if only one of you would have taken and I seriously know we would have been incomplete with only four kids. I was asked this morning what it is like to have to take four babies out in the rain and I had to stop and think for a moment because to us it is just normal. For a long time I felt our life was two separate families; mom, dad and the big kids were one and mom, dad and all seven kids were the other. Somehow over the last 15 months we have blended into one. Over that same time I no longer am surprised when I say I am a mom to 7, rather I feel it is totally normal to have a house full of kiddos. When I first found out I was expecting quadruplets I had many days wondering how we would do it but in the end everything works out and somehow you end up with 4 babies who are heading towards being a year and half. Time goes fast and I am so glad my kids are going to stop growing when they hit 6!! I love you my babies.
Not sure why there is no thumbnail on the video but a taste of life with four 15 month olds.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...