August 08, 2013

Sweet Dreams My Little Ones

Right now we have four babies sound asleep in their nursery. Our quadlings tomorrow are turning ONE. This amazes me and I am shocked that a whole year has past since the day we got to meet our amazing miracles.

You four have taught us so much over the last year, added so much joy to our family and gave us a couple sleepless nights. Why we were chosen to bring four babies into this world at one time we will never know but we are so lucky. Aubrey stated it the best the other day when she told me that she wishes I wouldn't have the babies. I asked her why because she loves to play with them. She continued telling me that no she loves these babies but doesn't want me asking God for any more because He will give them to me. I may have not asked for four at one time and for many months knowing we were having four filled me with such fear but now a year after their birth I know there was nothing to doubt. God knew that these four were meant to be in our family whether we had asked for them or not.

Tomorrow I will spend much of the day remembering back to what was going on exactly a year ago. It was a Thursday. We started the morning off with a doctors appointment where we learned that we would deliver within the next three days. Excitement, Fear, Guilt were the fillings that continued all day. Flights changed to get Grandpa out here a day earlier. Admission into the hospital. Monitoring four heartbeats at one time. Waiting for the doctor to figure out what the plan was. Paul running home for stuff. Auntie and Jess bringing dinner. Grandma and her brown bag wine. Second round of monitoring for the day and that is when we knew we would be meeting our babies that night.

Your birth day was not how I had it planned out in my mind but I would give anything to relive it for just one day. I don't think I will ever feel the emotions that I did between the minutes of 10:24-10:27pm on August 9, 2012. During those minutes so many prayers were answered as Baby A, Baby B, Baby C, & Baby D were delivered.

Kenzie, Isabella, Tate and Rylan as you sleep soundly in your bed on the eve of your birthday mom and dad stand over you in complete awe. In 12 months you have come so far from the tiny 2 & 3 pounders
who had to fight for every breath. You grew our family from 5 to 9 and made it complete. We are so thankful for each one of you. So I kiss you good night and in the morning I will wish you a very Happy 1st Birthday.


5 comments:

  1. Okay thanks for making me cry. What a sweet tribute. I have never met your quads but I feel like I know and love them. I love how to speak so candidly about them, your fears and dreams. I hope to meet them someday. Jane a great weekend celebrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brought tears to my eyes! Happy Birthday, little angels! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog one day (about 10 months ago) when looking through other blogs, and I was instantly hooked. I love your updates of pictures, stories, and adventures. You have such a beautiful family.

    I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your family moments. Even though we do not know each other, every other day on my lunch hour at work, I check in with your blog to see what's new, because you always seem to have such exciting news and events.

    Wishing you all the best that life has to offer and Happy Birthday little ones!

    God bless...Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Kenzie, Isabella, Tate & Rylan !
    I came across your blog a couple months ago and read it from the beginning and you made me cry so many times ! You have such a beautiful family, and you and your husband are such an inspiration ! Your little ones looks so happy and loved you can be so proud !

    Thanks for sharing all of this
    Marine, a french nurse student who dreams to work in the NICU ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday today little ones!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...