April 23, 2013

The Happiest Place on Earth

Because we have a large family and more than one set of multiples Paul and I decided last year that we would have a first birthday party for all the kids and then after that we would be doing family trips instead of birthday parties. There are three reasons for us doing this: 1)it is not cheap to have birthday parties anymore and I would rather spend that money having fun with my kids than spend it on little goody bags that the kids forget about the second they get home 2)because we have multiples I also feel bad that families feel obligated to buy each child a present. Four gifts at one time adds up fast. 3)My kids have way more toys than they need. I cringe every time a holiday comes around that involves getting more 'stuff'. 'Stuff' is the last thing we need.




If you remember we took the girls to Disneyland for their 4th birthday in which I accompanied them riding around in a fancy scooter (I was sooo happy to ditch that thing this year!). They again wanted to go to Disney for their 5th birthday and with the quads still content to sit in a stroller we decided it would be a great time to take everyone. We waited until spring break was over and we went during the middle of the week. Paul's parents joined us and it worked out perfect. The babies would join us in the mornings and then they were taken back to the hotel for their afternoon nap.





We did take our quad stroller and had many people doing double takes. For the most part everyone was great and very respectful. I only had one lady that I had to gently ask to move on as she started asking for every one's name. If I would have been on my toes I would have said winter, summer, fall & spring! I was also told once I was rude when I asked a lady to please not touch my children. She proceeded to tell me I was weird and rude as she turned her nose up at me. I was a bit surprised because I was actually very kind about it and another mother who was behind me validated I was not rude but she was very rude. My soap box for today is: It is not okay to touch babies that you do not know if you have not been asked; even if it is their feet. Babies are very flexible and as soon as you get done putting your germy, unwashed hands on a babies feet those same feet go right into their mouth. Moving on...





The girls were once again in love with all the princesses and they have a new area to meet the princesses and the girls were in heaven when both Ariel and Cinderella were there. Natalie is in love with Cinderella and Ariel is Aubrey's favorite. And Drew well I think he likes all of them! We did not get to ride on Radiator Springs Racers in the new Cars area because the shortest wait the entire time we were there was 75 minutes. And the fast passes line in the mornings was pretty much the same wait time just to be able to go back later in the day. We were all fine with waiting until our next visit except for Paul's parents who we sent back one evening to go spend some time at the park since they had been with the babies all day. They waited for 90 minutes before getting on. They said it was a neat ride but not long enough after waiting in line for an hour and a half!





The babies did awesome and besides a little cold that everyone started getting on the last day it was a successful trip. It felt good to get the first trip out of the way and to know that it is possible for us to go on vacation. Our next trip is already in the planning mode and it is to the Oregon coast in June to celebrate Drew's birthday.

 
 

Thank you to everyone who has been voting for 'The Littlest Lesnaus' on Circle of Mom. We are currently in 2nd place which is absolutely amazing but we have been going back and forth between 2nd, 3rd & 4th! Remember you can vote once every 24 hours per device. All you have to do is click on the link in the top right corner and vote for us. No registering even needed which means no password to remember and no annoying emails!!

13 comments:

  1. What a great time y'all had!!! Wonderful post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So instead of party you drag babies around Disney. Those poor babies. Anyone who takes children under 8 years old to Disney should have their heads examined. You would not have so many children if you did not have the babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you for reading about our family. We had a blast at Disney with 7 kids all under the age if 8. My older girls believe in the magic of Mickey and Minnie and all the princesses. By age 8 they loose this feeling of magic. The babies enjoyed looking around and being outside. They spent the mornings with us at Disney then headed back to the hotel for naps. The comment that got me is if I never had the babies I would not have so many children. You are right but I never said anything about having too many children. I love each and everyone of them. If I could we would have another child.

      Delete
    2. You may not agree with the Lesnau's family decision to go to Disneyland together, but why do you want to share your criticism? I also wonder why you want to read a blog about a large family if you don't agree with them having so many babies in the first place.

      Delete
  3. What a great trip!!! I'm super impressed that you pulled it off and it looks like you had a wonderful time! Great memories for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voting for you every day!!
    What an awfull comment from the anonymous one! It is a blessing when it is hard conceiving and now you have a large family!! They are all lovely andl healthy!!!
    Some people...
    Happy greetings! Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing mom and I'm so happy you and your family got to experience such a wonderful vacation! Balancing young babies with older children is such a challenge and you have done it wonderfully. The babies got to be in a new environment and your older kiddos got to have a unique bonding family experience. And YES to NO touching the babies! I have that issue every other time I take ours out.

    PS - It sure is easy to comment negative things as an anonymous user hiding in your living room judging people on a situation with which you have no personal experience. If you don't like the blog, go read somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! To the "anonymous" and "cowardly" comment above...I am sorry your life sucks and you have to pick and belittle others to make yourself feel valid! Also thanks for the super intellectual observation that "you wouldn't have all those children if you didn't have the babies"! Do you have children of your own? If not you don't have any platform to stand on judging others about what they do with their families and the choices they make! If you do have kids, turn around and tell yourself the same statement...sounds a bit idiotic huh? I will say a prayer for you! Unfortunately, you have to look at your reflection daily and it baffles me that you are able to hide behind an anonymous and judgmental comment that is pure and absolute ignorance! Fortunately for this family they have the love, support, and confidence to easily brush off such negativity and let it be forgotten like a whisper in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful adventure for you all and thankyou for sharing such beautiful photos. My husband and I are planning a trip just for the 2 of us and it seems daunting! We too will be travelling the Oregon coast in June so if you see a yellow VW van "Mellow Yellow" please wave and we will wave back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How blessed you are, with all of your choices as a couple, to have the support and love you do from family, friends, neighbors, strangers and the world. That is not always the case with other families, facing challenges.... so happy for you, and as always since you came into Craig and my life...love and prayers to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krista,
    I'll be honest, I've always said I don't want to take the quads to Disney until they are about 7 or so. Of course, I worried for you when I knew you were going with babies in tow. But as always, you proved that it could be done and everyone would have fun. You always give me courage to try more than I think I can with the babies. You are a wonderful example!
    While I may not be taking my quads to Disney for a few more years, I think it's great that you went was a family even with the littlest of the Lesnaus. No matter how small, every member of your family is important and the Lesnau's stick together as a cohesive unit! One day when all the kids are bigger they will relish looking back at the days when they all went to Disneyland together and four were babies. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you guys find was a good place to stay?

    ReplyDelete
  11. We stayed at the Residence Inn Maingate and I loved it. Can't recommend it enough. We stayed in one if their two room loft suites and we will always stay there from now on.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...