April 12, 2013

Keeping Easter going a little longer!


I am sooooo behind in blogging. I have so much I want to write about and document for the days when I want to look back and smile about our crazy, chaotic, awesome life. But we are busy, but a good busy. The weather is nice which means lots of times spent outdoors. RSV season is over and family trips to Disneyland have been taken. Paul and I are both getting out of the house with our full time jobs. Time just seems to disappear. So this means I am behind and our Easter pictures are coming a full two weeks past the actual day but I guess I will use the old phrase "better late than never"!
Happy Easter!!
I have decided I have a new favorite holiday...Easter. I love the meaning of Easter and the resurrection of Christ. It was so fun (& difficult) answering all of Natalie's and Aubrey's questions about the death and resurection of Jesus this year. It is amazing the questions that four year olds ask and sometimes figuring out how to answer them so that said four year olds understand is tough. Who knew parenting would be such a challenge at times! The reason I have decided Easter is now a favorite is because my children get such joy over finding 2 cent Easter eggs filled with candy that mom sneakingly throws in the trash. I think the kids hunted for eggs seven different times and they were just as excited with the seventh one as they were with the first. They also could hardly contain themselves as they looked high and low for their Easter baskets on Sunday morning. Paul said we will need a bigger house just to hide baskets in the coming years because of course they remember where they were hidden the previous year so we can't hide them in the same spot two years in a row! We asked the girls Saturday night where they were last year to make sure we didn't have a crying kid the next morning when their basket was in the same spotas the year before because there was no way Paul and I remembered where we hid them a full 365 days ago.
Easter Egg hunt #3 with the Moms of Multiples group


Love this picture that another mom captrured of us.


 

We had the traditional dying of Easter eggs, the annual breakfast of danish and eggs that stained our fingers before mas, a wonderful time at my sisters and sugar highs to end a beautiful Easter Sunday.



A wonderful idea that someone shared with me that I want to share with others is when it comes time to "hunt" for eggs, give each kid a color and they are only allowed to put that color egg in their basket. Boy does it help with the "she got more eggs than me" tears!















8 comments:

  1. Love all the pics! Glad you enjoyed y'alls vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if you meant that you throw the plastic eggs away or the candy.. but if you mean the candy--you can send candy to the troops just like they do at Halloween. Otherwise someone is paying money for candy that is just going in the garbage (whether it is you or a group that hosted the hunt).

    Also, you should take pictures of where each basket is hidden each year.. then you can look back on the last few years and see for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have clarified. The eggs we keep for next year or at many of the egg hunts we give back the eggs so the organization can use them again. As far as candy we allow our kids to have a couple pieces that day and then I take things that are in wrappers to work so that people can enjoy it but it is out of our house. Giving to the troops is a great idea. I do throw away a lot of the loss jelly beans and robin eggs because it makes me nervous with not knowing who has all touched that candy. After having four premiee babies we think about germs much more than we use to! We video tape Easter morning very year so we could look back if we need to!

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, the unwrapped candy makes perfect sense. I just envisioned a boatload of candy going into the garbage. I absolutely understand now, though. :) Thanks for clarifying.
      I also think giving back the eggs to the organizations is a great idea. I imagine that expense sure adds up over the years.

      Delete
  3. Where you know your going to more than one egg hunt, you could always put non candy things (like coins, goldfish etc) in your eggs at home. Where you do they can only put in certain color eggs it would be easy enough to make sure all the older kids got the same amount of $ so there would be any they got more money than I did tears.

    I know when I was a kid we got just as excited if not more so to find pennies, nickles and dimes in our eggs as we where the candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coins are a big hit in our kids Easter basket. They love collecting money for their money jars. And I do think they get more excited for the money than the candy!

      Delete
  4. Great pics, and what a time you must have had. Question please, Where did you find that BIG red ball?
    I want one for my great niece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we did have a great time. I will have to ask my sister where she got the ball from. My kids had a blast. I think I may have seen them at Bed, Bath and Beyond before.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...