February 01, 2013

The Nursery

When we found out we were pregnant with four babies we had to figure out where everyone was going to sleep. We live in a 3 bedroom house plus an office. We thought about a couple options; having all three big kids share a room, the babies share a room and that would have left us with a play room. We thought about putting all the babies in our master and Paul and I would take one of the smaller rooms but I didn't want to have to go into the babies room all the time to shower. In the end we gave up the play room idea and moved all the toys into the kids room which is something I really did not want to do but sometimes one can't always have their way. We decided to leave Drew alone because he is a really good sleeper and I didn't want to screw this up by having the girls waking him up when they wake at oh five thirty.  

Once it was decided that the babies would go into the office we started figuring out how to add in a closet. While adding in the closet we added some extra length to one of the walls so we could fit two cribs across two separate walls. Then it was decision time...how to decorate for four babies without knowing if these babies were boys or girls. The nursery we had done before was "Twinkle, Twinkle  Little Star" and I wanted something brighter than this. I thought about doing a Dr. Suess theme but I knew I would get tired of it quickly. I started searching online for nursery ideas and found one that I loved. They even posted which paint colors they used. I did exactly as they did as far as paint. I also ordered the same rug (which was back ordered almost 5 months) that they had and based the rest of the nursery off of these colors.
Construction time

The opening is now the opening of the closet
I love how the room came together. It is actually my favorite room in the house. I love the color of the hardwood floors, love the organization of it, love that it is not cluttered with toys like the other kids' bedrooms are, I just simply love how it turned out. The only thing I would change is to have all four cribs match. We had two of the cribs from the girls along with the dresser. When I went to order two more the company had discontinued the color we had. I really like the ones we ended up ordering but there was no way I was going to order four new ones. In the end it will all work out because some day we will split the quads into boys and girls and the girls will get the darker wood furniture while the boys will get the lighter. It will all work out and for now I just have to deal with the mix matched wood. 

Sweet dreams my little loves...

This room makes me so happy

Tate (L)far, Kenzie (L)front, Isabella (R)far, Rylan (R)front

Love, Love, Love how the pictures turned out. They look small here but the big one is a 26x26 with four smaller ones of 12.5x12.5. They are beautiful and pictures that Paul and I will have up forever.

Disclaimer: We will be getting a cordless blind for this window as soon as they start moving around.


Even before the babies came home the doors to the closet were removed. I am in it way to often to be moving doors back and forth.


The above pictures were staged to be clear of all extra baby "stuff". This is how it usually looks with mobiles and boppies galore.
 And the four cuties that claim the room as theirs:
She is still so little!!



Someone has been caught red handed sucking on his two fingers a couple of times. As the older girls say, "sucking on fingers is NOT allowed in this house." Now if only Natalie would lead by example!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! The colors are great and I'm jealous you already have (and can fit) four cribs. We're still working with two cribs until we move into a bigger house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nursery is AWESOME!!! It is wonderful that you really love the way it turned out! Who wouldn't? So creative - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...