January 26, 2013

Rylan's first haircut & some January pictures

So the last couple of days Rylan's hair has been bugging me. It had gotten really long and Paul had started calling him "hockey hair" and I am just not all for that look. I made an appointment for him to just get a little taken off and all nine of us went. Not that we were all needed but we all (at least the five oldest in the family) NEEDED to get out of the house. I figured there would not be many people in the kids salon and we could keep the babies in their car seat and avoid any nasty germs. I have been in love with Rylan's hair since the moment I saw it that dreadful night when he was one day old. I remember seeing his hair for the first time while they were trying to intubate him because they had taken off his bubble cpap hat. The thought kept running through my head while I was watching the nurses and doctors that I haven't even seen my little boys hair, please don't let him me leave me. His hair has always been awesome and I am afraid to say that I may have made a huge mistake in cutting it. Paul and I aren't in love with his hair anymore though we do love the little man something fierce. His haircut got a lot shorter than I wanted it to be. Oh well at least hair grows out. Maybe the hockey hair wasn't so bad. Now I am just hoping it come back with its wave.
"Hockey Hair"
It didn't look awful from the front but the sides and back were bad. This picture also shows how flat the back of his head is. We will be talking to his doctor about a referral this month.

Moral support

Tate knowing it would be a long time before he was ready for a hair cut choose to take a nap.


"This cape is pretty cool."



His curls...sigh...

Those clippers look huge against him!

My little baby is gone.



The only time he got sad



Waiting for their lollipop

My big boy


For comparison this was Drew at 3 weeks of age right before his first haircut
 Paul and I have been painting Drew's room so he no longer has a nursery theme. This is the 3rd time that room has been painted in the 8 years we have lived here. I think it is time to move! This morning while I was painting the trim the big kids were busy painting too.



Grandma & Grandpa Lesnau you will be the recipients of all of these!!
And now for some excerpt from our time spent in confinement at home.
Rylan

Izzie always has a blanket up by her face when she sleeps

Our happy boy

A new feeding set-up when we are feeding quad style

Look ma no hands

Kenzie's definition of side lying feeds

Aubrey's creation

Isabella joining us at the dinner table

Couch potatoes...watching educational shows of course

"I will look at this stuff but there is no way that I am going to play with these obnoxious toys"

I had been having a really rough day but was able to smile when I walked out to this.

I am going through my sisters purse and she hasn't even caught me (& yes the cushion is missing after Aubrey touched wet paint and then came and spread it all over the cushion. It of course was dark navy blue...not a good day that day)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he is big enough for a haircut! He did a great job sitting in the barber chair. Such a big boy. He still looks adorable with the haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the first picture, Rylin looks like a China doll!!! Can't believe his hair was so long, but he still looks handsome after the cut. You are looking good, too, Krista! Love that you're able to feed all four. And as usual, Drew cracks me up. You've got a FULL house!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...