July 06, 2012

Week 26- The quadlings are getting bigger!

In less than 8 weeks we will have four additions to our family and I can not wait to meet them. I told Paul this morning I can't wait to find out if we have boys or girls and then to look at their faces and see who they look like. That day is going to be so full of excitement! And then we have the hard job of naming these kiddos which is going to be more difficult than we think. 

The end of the week has been much better than the beginning and I am so happy because it is makes being 26 weeks pregnant with quads so much easier. The one thing I do know is that these kids are getting bigger. My tummy is starting to fill out more on the sides and is full from top to bottom. There are times I just need to lie horizontal because my tummy feels like it weighs a ton. Even the girls have realized that it is hard for mom to bend over because the other day I dropped ice cubes on the floor and both girls quickly got off their chairs and ran over saying, "you can't bend over mom, we will get it." They are such sweet girls and have been so good when I tell them I have to go lay down. They would like the babies to come soon though and it is hard to explain to them that they still have growing to do. Aubrey asked the other day if they will be here in 18 days...hopefully not baby girl.

In my last post I mentioned how there are not many people that have quads but I do have to mention that I have "met" the most awesome group of ladies through a quad group on facebook. Two of the women have already had their quads and are waiting anxiously for their nicu stay to be over. One of them actually brought their first baby home on Wednesday! Then there are four of us who are all one week apart in our pregnancies. I have never personally  met these woman but the support they give is unbelievable. We are all spread out across the country except four of them are lucky enough to be Texans but through facebook we can chat each day. Sometimes modern social networks are great though time consuming which is okay with me when I have to rest throughout the day! Just think between the six of us we have 24 babies not counting the couple of us that have older children. That's a lot of babies but hopefully someday we can all meet up for a play date!!

And now for some July 4th pictures..
Happy Birthday America!

Daddy and his firecrackers

The most awesome Grandma Lynn that has given up her summer to live with us. We couldn't thank her enough.

Week 26

10 comments:

  1. So glad you have found some support - the internet is great that way. I know how you FEEL, but I'm telling you - you look gorgeous! You are doing such a great job Krista. You knew how hard it was going to be but you are doing it day by day. That's all you can do :-) Do nothing for those babies - I like how another expert posted that one! That's the best thing to do - do nothing. Other kiddos look adorable. Would love to stop by and bring you dinner and say hi - is there a sign up sheet or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sign up sheet yet. Will have a website for meals once on full bed rest or after babies are home.

      Delete
  2. You look amazing! I have to admit I'm a tad jealous, I got huge everywhere, you are all belly! You are doing an awesome job, I can't wait to see the babies (in many more weeks), they will be adorable just like their big brother and sisters!

    I love the quad momma support, too, I would be lost without all of my quad moms. One day we WILL all meet up and have a mini vacay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will patiently wait to find out what you are having as well, there is NO rush! :) You are doing so amazingly well and you look fantastic - congrats on getting on up there in weeks! Sounds like you're still going strong. That's adorable that your girls look out for you. This will all be a distant memory before too long and you'll be well on your way to caring for your fantastic four. Hang in there, Krista! PS - I'm totally in for a quad mom retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing awesome!!!! Love the updates! I can't wait to see pictures of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love reading your blog? can you do a q & a post?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure....just leave me a question in the comment section and I will answer in an upcoming post.

      Delete
  6. Krista,

    You are doing a great job and look great too! I agree, our fb group is such a source of support and I am so blessed to have connected with the MoMs there! I can't wait for the babies to be big enough for play dates :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to be involved in this quad momma retreat!! You look so amazing krista and I'm so glad that we have eachother as a support system. This is such a crazy journey and you are just doing so amazing! One day we'll all meet, I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! What is your quad group on facebook called? I'm 20 weeks along with quads...you can find me at www.lubbelinkhof.ca PS: You look great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...