July 24, 2012

Baby Shower for 4!

In my last post I had mentioned that I hoped to not have to update the blog until Wednesday but our baby shower needs a post all of its own! Our wonderful friends Ronnie and Dana threw us the most beautiful shower on Saturday. Dana spent numerous hours preparing for this shower. Every time I would talk to her she was doing something to make the day extra special. And I'm not talking for the last week, like every conversation for the last four weeks. She has shown these babies such love and we couldn't thank her enough. And her poor husband had to put up with a wife that maybe should have been committed for baby shower craziness. Ronnie enjoy your wife now that she has resurfaced from the many sheets of tissue paper and her cricut.

The shower took place in the morning so we had a wonderful brunch complete with mimosas (for those that weren't pregnant with four). Everything was so yummy and as I promised I included the recipes for the egg dishes so those can be found after the 101 pictures. I sat on my "throne" and it was so wonderful to see so many of our friends and family that came to celebrate our "littles". They also showered us with so many gifts and Paul and I amazed how generous everyone was. It was a little bit of an eye opener when we got a couple onsies in packs of four and knowing that that is only one outfit per baby for one round of clothing changes. I see a lot of laundry in our future! 

Thank you everyone for coming to celebrate our miracles with us. It meant so much to Paul and I and we can not wait to have you all love on the babies once they are here.
Our first set of "quad" shirts
My oh my...and still hoping for a couple more weeks

The Grandmas'

Mom and Daughter

Me and my throne. So hard to not get up and go talk to people. I actually felt rude!

Who doesn't love a good candy bar!!

My true feelings for all seven of my kiddos...mommy loves you all.

Candy Bar


Daddy and Sofia




Ronnie and I


Daddy and Mommy


Sisters

"Worth the Weight"


Everything had an "L" for the Littles

Baby A, B, C, & D

The most awesome host, Dana



Each table included a diaper cake that had a different ultrasound picture on it.

Grandma Pat before Champagne!




Green Chile Egg Bake
12 eggs
3 cups cottage cheese
6 cups cheddar chesse
1/2 cup butter- melted
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup green chiles diced (I usually used canned but for the shower it was fresh Serrano peppers diced)
1 lb Italian sausage (browned)


Mix all ingredients together in large bowl. Pour into greased 9x13 pan and bake at 375 degrees for approx 45 minutes.


This recipe is also very yummy without the sausage to be vegetarian. It also freezes great. I will cut into single serving pieces after it has cooked and freeze. Then just heat up a single serving for breakfast in the microwave.


Make Ahead Brunch
12 slices bread                                   
2 2/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp paprika
3 cups chopped ham
1/2 cup butter
5 well beaten eggs
3/4 tsp salt
pepper to taste
1/2 lb grated cheese (cheddar or colby)


Butter 6 slices of bread and place butter side down in 9x13 pan. Mix remaining ingredients together (except bread and butter). Pour mixture on top of bread slices. Break up 6 slices of bread and spread over top. Melt 1/2 cup butter and drizzle over top. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Serve hot with sauce.


Sauce:
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup chicken broth
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup slivered blanched almonds
salt and pepper to taste


Stir butter and flour over medium heat. Add broth and spices. Cook until thick and bubbly, add almonds. Place over top of each serving of egg bake.


Sausage and Mushroom Strata
Click on the above link and you will be taken directly to the recipe. 

2 comments:

  1. So gorgeous ... love the bright colors!
    Congrats on making it to 28 weeks and beyond - you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a precious shower! What wonderful friends and family you have!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...