June 03, 2012

Week 21: Nursery remodel and Wedding Engagements

I have to start this post off by letting everyone know my little sister is getting married!!! I am so excited for her because though she knew a proposal was in the works she had no clue it was going to take place when it did. At least now when I find myself on bed rest her and I will have lots of fun looking through everything wedding! Brings me back to when I was planning my own wedding and here I am ten years later with 7 kids, a dog and two cats. Wonder were Nicole and Jess will be in ten years?!? I love you both and can't wait for the big day and Jess thank you for making my sister so happy.

Nicole & Jess

Last weekend was the big nursery remodel and I know I will never be able to live in a house that is under construction. Paul, my stepdad and my sister's boyfriend worked a very long Saturday tearing out walls and building new ones. Then Paul spent two more days hanging sheetrock. It was a lot of work but looks amazing. Paul keeps joking that he is going to take the babies room because it turned out great. We now just need to wait for the texturing guy to come over this week and then its time for paint. I will post pictures as soon as we have paint on the walls. We almost have a place to put these four little munchkins and that makes for a very happy momma!

Our weekly appointment showed absolutely no change in the good old cervix. My doctor took a look on ultrasound, did a couple measurements and said, "hurry up get off the table, get dressed and get out of here. Your doing so well I don't want to see you again until next week so go." So another week down. The weekly appointments do get tiring because it is a little bit of a drive to each appointment but I think knowing I get to see the babies each week helps the time pass so quickly. I only have about two more weeks that I can still get a cerclage if my cervix would shorten before the risk are higher than the benefits so hopefully there will be no changes in the next two weeks. 

The kiddos continue to kick away in my tummy and instead of just the little flutters they are now doing full flips, throwing right jabs and kicking each other back and forth. Very seldom is someone not moving. It could get very interesting in the next couple of weeks. Other than that not much more to report. I took a picture this week in the same shirt as my last picture so you can see how much growing happens in about a week and a half. 

19 1/2 weeks
21 weeks




(Please ignore the way I look in the 21 week picture. It was night time after a 100 degree day and a three hour nap! I just wanted to be able to compare one week to the next and the HUGE changes!!!)


5 comments:

  1. You look so great Krista!! I'm loving your updates and I'm so happy that I have your progress to look forward to! So glad that your cervix is holding strong! Hang in there and keep writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your looking great . Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your post on facebook and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Maureen and I have 5 year old GGBG Quadruplets. I had to laugh because our story of finding out we were pregnant with quads is similar to yours. I was also terrified and wasn't sure what to do. But, I can tell you that we made it to 34 weeks with super healthy babies and 2 babies came home after 8 days and 2 came home after 10 days. We were so blessed and I know that you will be to. If you ever want to talk my e-mail is neeniea@yahoo.com! Good luck! (my blog is arnoldquads.blogspot.com It hasn't been updated for a very long time but I do have a little on there)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to 'meet' you! And congrats on 21 weeks, that is fantastic! Looking forward to followibg your journey.
    I have 11 yr old twin boys, 3 yr old girl and 2 yr old gbbg!
    Thekingsquad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, it's so nice to meet someone who had more than one child before their quads. I will be checking out your blog after I get the kids to bed!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...