May 03, 2012

A day short of 17 weeks!

Wow I can not believe I just typed that we are at 17 weeks. I am getting so excited to see these babies. We God-willing will not see these kiddos until after mid-August but I can not wait to hold each one of them. I was worried at the beginning of the pregnancy that I would not be able to bond with these kiddos like I had with Natalie, Aubrey and Drew during their pregnancy. There were two reasons for this; over-whelming shock and fear. I have overcome the shock part of this pregnancy but the fear is still there. I do not fear having four babies, instead I fear that I could lose one of these precious lives. But I can not control this and only God knows what He has planned for each one of these kids so for the last couple of weeks I can say I have started to bond and love these "littles" like only a mother can. There is nothing better than feeling a kick and knowing which baby is to my best guess. It still amazes me that I have FOUR babies growing inside of me!!

This week has been really good. The kids and I went garage saleing last Saturday and had so much fun looking for treasures. We found a bunch of clothes for the girls and their favorite find were two jump ropes that they are so proud of when they can jump over. Just don't stand too close when they are trying this because you may get included in the fun. We also stopped at a house that was meant for us. I even had to load the kids back up and go get Paul because I was so excited. We ended up leaving with baby clothes, a swing, an exersaucer, an infant bouncy seat, a floor mat, and a bumbo. I was so excited and when we got home all three kiddos tried and inspected every piece of equipment to make sure it would work for the little ones! We may have trouble keeping the older ones out of the baby stuff once they get here. I washed and hung the clothes on Drew's top clothing rack and he saw them they other day and just kept pointing at them and saying "no". I told him they were for the babies and he continued repeating "no, no". It was so funny and he may need some time to adjust to not being mommy's baby anymore.

We continued to have a fairly normal week with Paul working, kids at school two days a week, and me trying to get in as much rest as possible which is something to be laughed at with three young kids under foot. Paul was laughing at me last night because he thinks I am excited for bed rest. I told him he would be too if he could just carry these babies around for one day and continue to do the daily mom tasks. Laying in bed, reading a book or catching a tv show midday, having food brought in by the girls, followed by a nap doesn't sound bad at all most days. Not that I want this to come any sooner than it needs to but the sleep part sounds amazing! 

Wednesday was our weekly appointment and everything is still looking good. Heart rates were between 143-156bpm. My mom came with me and tried to get the tech and the doctor to tell her the genders but she couldn't win anyone over with her poor grandma look. The tech that I had was not my favorite and she did not get the best pictures but we know that the babies all had good heartbeats and fluid levels so I was happy. My cervix was also a little bit longer than last week so that made me smile the rest of the day. The only bad news was I am still not doing well with the weight gain. I actually lost two pounds this last week making a total weight gain of 13 pounds in 17 weeks. Not good when I should gain 45 pounds by 20 weeks. Yes I am suppose to gain between 75-80 pounds this pregnancy. I just don't see it happening!  So I am to call the nutritionist this week to set up an appointment with her and eat what I can. The good thing is I have not had to take my nausea meds the last three days and that has been huge. No appetite and nothing ever sounds good except fruit but at least the nausea is gone. So if anyone has some favorite recipes that they only splurge on once in a while send them to me so we can try them to fatten these babies up. Only requirement they must contain protein. 

So next doctors appointment is next Tuesday. In three weeks we will have our first anatomy scan which will tell us how big each baby currently is and check each body part to make sure everything looks correct. This is the scan where they picked up Drew's cleft lip. We continue to pray for the health of each of these "littles" and that they continue to grow. We also ask that my body can continue to do the job it needs to do to hold these babies in until at least 32 weeks. I hope to be back soon with some good news with a possible move to a larger house. Never thought we would rent our house out to rent a larger one but I never thought I would have quads either!

Baby B looking a little squished!

Baby D all stretched out


Week 17

7 comments:

  1. Oh Krista!!!! I'm so excited to welcome these beautiful babies... You are amazing and I'm taking you out for a huge lunch when I get home and settled with Olivia! I'll get some weight on those bones! I can't wait to see you! We've got big beautiful houses in our neighborhood and built in babysitters waiting for jobs!! Praying for you everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all is going good for you . Time to get some mild shakes in to you with lots of ensures , pasta, triple burges along with your protiens. Your goal is to gain 5 lbs this week .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tire of seeing sonogram pics of 'multiples in the womb!' My daughter is 25 weeks 5 days with her quads. Prayers for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Amber is 26 weeks today. I pray her she handles the increased mag. She is doing amazing and each day is so huge for those babies. You are also an awesome mom. My mom lives in the same town and I think Amber sees you more than I see mine!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your quads! I just found your blog while looking around, I will definitely be praying that you will see 32 weeks pregnant! My quads are 2 weeks old, they were born at 28w5d and they are doing well! I did a lot of protein shakes and that really helped put on the weight, and they were yummy as well. You look great, and I hope your pregnancy goes great, you've got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your two beautiful daughters and two handsome little men! You did amazing and should be so proud of yourself for getting those kiddos to 28.5 weeks. Ella looks like one proud big sister and if she is anything like my girls who were 27 months when we brought our son home she will become these babies second mommy. I had found your blog through Ambers and love reading your updates. I may have to travel to Texas some day so we cal get all 12 of our kids together! I will keep praying that your nicu stay is short.

      Delete
  5. My post didn't post!! Weird!! I love reading your blog! You look amazing! Thanks for keeping is all in the loop!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...