April 13, 2012

Week 14- Half way to our first goal!

We have had a great last week. It started with Easter Sunday and a wonderful day spent as a family. We went to a very crowded church mass but I have to say for being a long mass with kids sitting on laps and no where for three kids under four to move they did awesome. Bringing along a baggie full of Easter candy may have helped!! Some days I just say use the tricks that you have at hand. We then came home and had a great lunch of Kraft mac & cheese. Isn't that on everyone's Easter menu? We then took a wonderful two hour family nap with a couple extra snoozes pushed before heading to my mom's. The girls were little fishes and swam in the hot tub the entire time we were there except during the egg hunt!! We had a fantastic ham dinner and then at nine my step-dad ushered us out the door because I think I was literally falling asleep at the table. 

Then Wednesday was another day of wonderful blessings. I started out the day by getting to see my "littles" and can I just say how excited I get every time I get to have an ultrasound, which is once a week so I am one lucky lady. The kids were all lined up in a row this week. I told them that if they would stack themselves a little better they would have a little extra room. Baby D does not think highly of the ultrasound probe and kicks it as soon as it is over him. Babies A & B had their heads resting against each other like their were cuddling. After all the heartbeats were measured the doctor came in to take a look at my cervix. It measured 4.4cm and I even got a high five. I told the doctor that it is amazing when the biggest compliment I can get these days is that my cervix looks great!! I have asked to have my hours reduced from 12 hour shifts to 8 hours due to the fact that by three in the afternoon I am exhausted. I come home from 12 hours of work and can hardly make it to the couch when I get home. I even do the kids prayers, songs and bedtime kisses from the couch on those days because I can't get up. I am hoping that by cutting out four hours each day I can work just a little longer so that I can have more time with the kids when they are born before I have to return to work. I will start these reduced hours on April 23rd. 

The doctor also said I can still go to Disneyland as long as I am on my scooter, no rides, and drink tons of water. On the way down and back I need to take a baby asprin to avoid blood clots and drink water so that I am peeing all the time because at least he knows I will be getting out of the car and stretching my legs as I run to the nearest restroom! The kids and even I am looking so forward to some Disney fun. There is something so magical about that place and I can't wait for Tuesday to get here. I go back to the ob on the 23rd to check on the kiddos and of course my cervix.

Also on Wednesday Paul had an all day final interview with a company and was told that evening that he would be receiving a job offer the next day. It was the best birthday present he could have asked for. We truly believe that God had a big hand in orchestrating this job. A staffing agency found him on career builder with an old resume, they called him and Paul didn't want to call back because it was a staffing agency. I convinced him that it wouldn't hurt. He had a great first interview and was asked to come back for a second. During the final interview they explained that they are a very family orientated business and want their sales managers home every night for dinner. They did ask Paul if he is planning on having any more kids and he responded with, "We may!" Won't they be shocked when they find out we are pregnant with four!! His offer did come on Thursday and it was even higher than what he had asked for. God is so great and we have been blessed and our prayers have been answered in regards to Paul finding a job that will allow him to be home with his family and help us financially with a family of NINE. He will begin his new adventure on April 23rd.

The last three weeks of this pregnancy have flown by. For the first 11 weeks everyday dragged by and I thought I would be pregnant forever and then all of a sudden things are going so fast. Even yesterday Paul and I were walking with the kids at the mall and he looks at me and commented that I am finally showing and you can tell I am pregnant. I told him sorry but it was bound to happen sooner rather than later! Some days I feel the kids move a ton and then some days like yesterday when I feel no one. My favorite part these days is when I get to tell someone we are expecting four. There is always a delayed response and I just wish I could record the faces and reaction when we share this news. The shock of it has certainly passed for us and now we just need to get the motivation to get ready for these little creatures. I think the kids bunk beds will be ordered next week so that we can start getting our home ready. The girls are very excited for their new beds. 

People have been asking what they can do for us. Right now we just ask for prayers. I am still doing well. We do things a little slower than before and we might have a few more movie afternoons than I would ever have found acceptable but it works for us currently. We may have more needs as I go on bed rest but we thank every one for all of their support. We have also been asked about hand-me downs in regards to clothing and equipment and yes we will certainly take them off your hands if you are done.

Easter Sunday 2012

Sisters
Daddy and his boy


Natalie


The kids spent the morning jumping in the puddles

I don't think they could believe their mom was letting them get wet in their pj's!
14 weeks

All four babies: B & D are the ones you can see their whole bodies; A is bottom right and you can make out a face, eyes, and hand; C is a blur top right but is there.
Babies A & B  cuddling






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful babies!!!!! They look just like their Mama! Continued prayers for you Krista

    ReplyDelete
  3. God speed as you go forward!! Prayers all along the way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...